Monday, August 22, 2011

Seasons

While working in my garden the other day I started to think about the seasons. When we were younger time seemed to stand still and we couldn't wait until we were older. I remember my mother telling me to stop wishing my life away because the years would start to go by faster as I got older. Guess what...my mom was RIGHT! The seasons just seem to fly by the older I get.

In the winter time we start thinking about what we will plant in our gardens for the coming year. Spring time comes and we start to plant as the trees are budding and the flowers are starting to blossom. Summer comes and as we weed our gardens we see our crops growing and start to harvest some of our bounty throughout the summer, while some of our crops wait until autumn to harvest.

You know working in my garden shouldn't be any different than any other day in my life! I should always be pulling out the weeds and sowing seed of God's love to others and maybe just maybe I might get to see those seedlings blossom!

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV

Elaine Campbell, MA

No comments: