Monday, September 8, 2014

Blessings in Disguise

I have come to a place in my life where I look for the Blessings that come out of the trials and tribulations that I have been through.  I haven’t always done this as I have gone through difficulties, however, I have come to realize that God has me go through certain seasons so that I can be a better listener and help someone else going through a similar difficult time in their life.

Recently I was having a routine yearly exam and experienced a lot of pain and nausea after having left the doctor’s office.  Later in the day I had to make a visit to a hospital emergency department.  Some routine blood work there convinced that doctor to send me for a CT scan.  The culprit of my pain was found on the scan and I will soon have the issue resolved.

When I tell my story to others they feel sorry for me to have something else to deal with.  I look at this as a “Blessing in Disguise”!  Had I not gone in and had my routine exam the issue would not have surfaced until much later.  I find comfort in one of my favorite songs:                            

“Blessings” by Laura Story     

            We pray for blessings, we pray for peace, comfort for family protection

            while we sleep.  We pray for healing, for prosperity, we pray for you mighty

            hand to ease our suffering and all the while you hear each spoken need and love

            us way to much for lesser things.
 

            ‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops what if your healing comes

            through tears what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know

            your near What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise.

 
            We pray for wisdom your voice to hear and we cry in anger when we cannot feel

            you near we doubt your goodness we doubt your love as if every promise from       

your word is not enough All the while you hear each desperate plea and long

that we’d have faith to believe.

 
            Chorus

 
When friends betray us when darkness seems to win we know that pain reminds     

This heart that this is not, this is not our home It’s not our home
 

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops what if your healing comes

through tears what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know

your near What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life is the

revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy and what if trials of this life

the rain, the storms, the darkest nights are your mercies in disguise.
   
Elaine Campbell, MA, MHC

No comments: