Monday, July 7, 2014

Obsessions

What are our obsessions? We live in a world full of so much technology that we feel we must keep up with the newest and latest devices so we can stay "connected" with each other. Do I really need to be that connected with my friends and family? Shouldn't I also have that passion to be "connected" with God?

There are so many social media sites that we use to "stay connected" to each other--cell phones, Skype, ooVoo, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. Sometimes I truly have to stop and wonder how I made it through life before all of these "conveniences."  I do use many of the aforementioned sites and I question if my obsession with them is healthy. My passion should be focused on staying in constant connection with God!

There are many times where I don't know what to say or how to say it and when I lift up a prayer to God I receive the words that He wants me to share. It's amazing how many times as I hear myself say things I realize that I need to be following my own advice! God has an amazing sense of humor to give us the words to help someone else that we also need to hear!

So, as nice as it is to stay "connected" with family and friends around the world our primary focus should be to stay "constantly connected" with God!

Elaine Campbell, MA, MHC

No comments: