Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring


Happy and blessed almost Spring! I want to share this poem with you:

Spring

A walk in the woods this warm spring day,
Brings me into Your presence as I walk along the way.
The warm damp breeze has me breathless as I,
Take in creation awakening right before my eyes.
 

The oak as its branches are raised in rigidity,
Reminds me to raise my praise to You, Your majesty.
A downy white feather floats softly to the ground,
Reminds me of all the blessings this day has found.
 

The ferns and the moss have awakened from their slumber.
And I am reminded of Your return as I hear the distant thunder.
A storm that is impending, the rapidly darkening skies,
Reminds me to be thankful, for every season of life. 

Danette Kettwich

Submitted by: Ann L. Gantt, Ph.D., LCSW, NEW HOPE counselor

No comments: