Monday, May 6, 2013

Be Still...

As the weather becomes warmer we have different responsibilities: yard work, gardens, flower beds, outdoor activities, etc. We become so caught up with the frenzy of activity that we often forget to just "Be Still" and listen to God and appreciate the beauty around us. Psalm 46:10 reminds us to "Be still, and know that I am God" and in Psalm 37:7 we are reminded to "wait patiently for Him".

How many times have we said "I can't wait for..." and when the day comes we never have enough time or we complain about what needed to be done so we could enjoy the day? Perhaps that only happens to me. Spring is amazing with all of the newness of life unfolding, blossoms on the trees and flowers blooming; however, how often do we really STOP and notice? Are we too busy with our life that we forget to "stop and smell the roses"?

We need to be refreshed just like the seasons. Jesus even needed time to get away from the crowds to just "Be Still" and reflect and talk to God. I have a picture of a solitary tree that has "Be Still..." in  my office. It is a simple reminder to me to take the time I need to refresh and be healthy and whole in Christ!

Elaine Campbell, MA

No comments: