Monday, October 22, 2012

We Are So Thankful For Your Faithfulness


Some words from Paul to the believers in Philippi:

I know how to be abased and live humbly in difficult circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having enough to spare or going without and being in want. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me.

But it was right and commendable and noble of you to contribute for my needs and to share my difficulties with me. And you Philippians yourselves well know that in the early days of the Gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no assembly entered into partnership with me and opened up an account in giving and receiving except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me contributions for my needs, not only once but a second time.

Not that I seek or am eager for your gift, but I do seek and am eager for the fruit which increases to your credit: the harvest of blessing that is accumulating to your account. But I have your full payment and more; I have everything I need and am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent me. They are the fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights.

 And my God will liberally supply; fill to the full your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever, through the endless eternities of the eternities. Amen!

We at New Hope trust our God to fill to the full every need we have as well, but we are so grateful to every one of you for your faithful support of this ministry!

This fall season has brought us God’s blessings through your bountiful harvest, first in participating as riders and as givers in the Dream Ride Lancaster, and as those who will be joining us this week at our annual New Hope Banquet. We are very much looking forward to sharing this time of fellowship together in Jesus, and in sharing the good things He is doing by His Spirit through all of us.

We are also very grateful for our many wonderful Closet volunteers who give of their time and their effort regularly to support so much ministry right here in the Southern End of Lancaster County, far beyond what New Hope can do by itself. Our time of sharing together at the Christmas Breakfast is also just around the corner in early December!

A new opportunity for others to become part of the New Hope family, in loving and helping our neighbors locally, is on the horizon as well. We are partnering with other non-profit organizations and the Lancaster County Community Foundation in the upcoming Extraordinary Give Day, on November 30th.  This is an online giving event which allows us to literally tell the world who we are and what we are doing to benefit our community.

By going to the ExtraGive.Org website and making an online donation, people from our area and beyond will become partners with us, in bearing fruit and bringing in the harvest of blessing also: all of this to lovingly help our neighbors, to give the glory to God, and to magnify the Name of our Lord Jesus!
 
Neil Uniacke
Executive Director

 
 

No comments: