Monday, January 23, 2012

Warmth of God's Love

As I was shoveling snow the other day, I took many breaks and closed my eyes and just listened to the noises around me. I heard the snow plow as it drove by, the birds chirping in the trees, the four wheelers zooming by, squirrels chatting as they scurried about, the laughter of children playing in the new fallen snow, and a voice calling out to me. Shoveling snow is hard and tedious work but very rewarding when you see what you have accomplished. I love the feel of the cold wind against my cheeks and then the warmth of my home when I am finished and go inside.

How often do we take a break during our busy lives and just listen to the noises around us? Are we patiently waiting for God to speak to us, give us a sign, or send someone to help us? So many times we try to take matters into our own hands when we are too impatient to wait for God's timing. How many times have we been discouraged because we didn't wait and then we find ourselves in a worse situation than when we started?

Who is always patiently waiting for us to come in to the warmth and truly listen to us? Don't try to handle your heavy load alone but allow God to carry your burdens, wash your sins away and make you white as snow.

Take some time today to close your eyes and listen to the noises around you and to feel the warmth of God's love....

Elaine Campbell, MA

No comments: