Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Season

The Thanksgiving  season was especially meaningful in our home this year. My husband was in a serious accident in September and has been recovering since that time from a head injury. While I have always been thankful for my family, this year I was again reminded of how special my family is to me. My husband and I were also thankful for the support and love that we were shown during this time in our life. Most of all, we are thankful that we know that God is walking through this season with us and He knows all that has happened and all that will happen.
A head injury can often result in both physical and emotional injuries. As a result of his accident, my husband is now going to counseling to help overcome some of these difficulties. We researched the best place for him to go for counseling, and found a group that comes from a Christian perspective and deals with neurological trauma. The process is often slow but I believe that the final outcome will be so worthwhile.
God's love has truly amazed me during this season of our lives. As difficult as this had been to go through, I knew that I could rest in the loving arms of God and He would carry me through when it became too difficult for me. I am giving Him the glory for this season of our lives and I am so thankful to God for walking with me.

~Deb Riddell
Thrift Store Manager

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Thank you for sharing this Deb!! Miss you guys!!