Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Reflections

As another year comes to an end I find myself reflecting on the past year.  I have had an interesting year with many bumps along the way.  The reflection that I see is a gentle reminder that I am not in charge of my life.  God is the one with ultimate and total control.  Why we experience the bumps in our journey here on earth is a question that we may never receive an answer to until we meet God face to face.  On occasion we may even catch a glimpse of how our bumps can be helpful to someone else who is hurting. 
 
 
When I come into contact with someone else that is hurting it is as if I am looking into a mirror and viewing my own likeness.  Another question comes to mind as to why God would put that individual into my life.  How am I to help this person?  That is when I am reminded of I Corinthians 13 and the Greatest Gift that God gave us!  He gave us His very own Son; who came to earth, lived among us, felt the same pain and heartaches that we have and He died to save us. He knows not only my pain but everyone’s pain and through my own experiences He gives me the words to say to help others through their bumps in the road.
 
 
 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  I Corinthians 13:12 NKJV 
 
 
So when I don’t understand why those bumps on this journey are there I can rejoice and know that someone bigger than you and I has been there with me carrying me all the way!


Elaine Campbell, MA, MHC

No comments: