Monday, August 11, 2014

Goodbye from Shannon

Saying goodbye is seldom easy or enjoyable. Whether it's the loss of a loved one or simply sending loved one's on their way after a visit, our hearts wish we could be together longer. At least that's the way it is with healthy and loving relationships. Which makes my resignation and goodbye from New Hope Community Life Ministry a sad one.

Since 2006, I've been blessed to work with loving and competent individuals on New Hope's staff. I will greatly miss the warmth and camaraderie of our team. We served and helped each other through some difficult personal times. We supported each other in the sometimes emotionally-draining work of counseling and ministry. We laughed and encouraged and lifted each other's spirits. And I know that we will think of each other fondly as we remember each other.

But, for me, it is time to move on. New directions and new passions call me away. I'm excited once again to pursue other dreams. And as I do so, I thank God for the individuals, couples and families I've been blessed to counsel. I have learned far more from my clients than they ever learned from me.

To my clients: my life is better because I spent time as your counselor. You entrusted me with some deep pains and sorrows. Extending that trust was a risky endeavor on your part and I don't take for granted that you gave it to me. I will hold that gift as a treasure. I'm humbled by it. And I thank you for it.

So goodbye for now. May God's love and kindness grace your life with peace.

Shannon Shertzer, MS, NCC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW....how nice! You do write goodbye notes!!
closure is a good thing and I believe the RIGHT thing!
........
Still waiting for mine.