Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Labor of Love (Again)

We had our annual pizza party this past weekend. Family and friends that have been of major importance in our lives were a part of this event; of course, we can't invite everyone. This year's party was missing my dad, yet we held it anyway. Dad suffered a heart attack in June and has been in a hospital or hospital setting ever since. The road to his recovery has been a roller coaster of emotions for my four siblings and me.

Thank God for all of the people that He has surrounded my family with! They have been a blessing to my entire family. It is amazing how people who don't even know my dad have been praying for not only him but also for the rest of us! We are truly blessed by the out pouring of love and help from everyone!

As Christians we are called to be servants to others. In the book of John, chapter 13, Jesus washes the disciples' feet. John 13:15 says, "For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you". For my family our "labor of love" is to be a servant to those who have been there for us when we have needed a helping hand or a prayer in a time of need.

When was the last time you were a servant for a friend in need?

Elaine Campbell, MA

No comments: