Monday, March 11, 2013

In Memory

Recently, I was affected by the death of two persons. One was a friend and neighbor who I had known for many years. The other was our financial counselor here at New Hope, Elaine Bero. Death always makes me think about the life I am living. In their memory, I offer this poem by an anonymous author:

Life's Clock
 
The clock of life is wound but once,
And no man has the power
To tell just where the hands will stop--
At late or early hour.
 
To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,
To lose one's health is more,
To lose one's soul is such a loss
As no man can restore.
 
The present only is our own,
Live for Christ with a will;
Place no faith in tomorrow,
For the clock may then be still.
 
 
Submitted by Ann L. Gantt, Ph.D., LCSW, New Hope Counselor

 
 


1 comment:

Mary Lehman said...

Thank you for sharing this Ann!