Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Changes

Sometimes it seems like I blink and another season has rolled around. Summer is here and all the heat, humidity, vacations, outdoor activities, and fun that comes with it. I love the changes of the seasons and the diversity that each one brings. Our lives change also--sometimes the changes are anticipated and looked forward to and other times we reluctantly accept them. However, no matter where we are in our lives,  God is constant and we can rejoice in the fact that though everything and everyone around us changes, God does not. As I personally am experiencing some reluctant changes in my life right now, this is a wonderful promise to me.
"Great is Thy Faithfulness"
Great is Thy faithfulness, oh God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

~ Mary Lehman

No comments: